Friday, May 25, 2007

Re-boot

Listening to - Steely Dan - Deacon Blues

I have to commit to this crap if I'm ever going to get any respect.

Respect for blogging...

Um.

Anyway...

Still jobless on this 25th day of May. What the hell am I supposed to do for money - dive for pennies in the Love Park fountain? Sell my body to the night, a la Roxanne? I don't understand why it's so effing hard to get a stupid summer job. I never had this problem before - I've applied for some pretty easy stuff - banquet-waitressing, freelance columnist-ing... I don't know what else I can do.

Plus-side, though. I just received a call from the Honickman Learning Center. They seem to be interested in having me teach some English and writing in the fall. Teaching experience, morality-reward, and perhaps a little wallet lining. Which'll be especially nice once it hits me that I'm not going to be getting my stipend anymore.

Unrelated: I'm very mad at Isis for being a bad bad car and malfunctioning. She's been in service since 9am, and I'm suspicious. I really hope there's nothing serious wrong with her.

No comments: