Thursday, June 07, 2007

Sputum.

Listening to: The Doobie Brothers - Eyes of Silver

::hack hack hack::

Nothin' like horking up goo all day, unless you're also simultaneously mopping up a leaky nose and re-popping your ears. Fuck this awful upper-respiratory illness. Fuck it in whatever orifice it has.

Missed work today, due to goo-hacking. Probably better that I didn't get the kidlets sick.

Read the unfortunate news today that Bob Barker filmed his last show. After explaining to my mom that the show wouldn't be aired until September, she said-

Julia, what the hell are you going to do every morning?

Granted, it couldn't possibly be that hard to hand out PLiNKO chips, or botch peoples' bids, or remind folks to give their pets the snip-snip, but I'm genuinely gonna miss Bob. I'm not as obsessed as some of the screamier contestants, but Bob's been a fixture in my life since I was a wee child who subsisted entirely off of milk, Chips Ahoy, and Campbell's meatball soup. Besides, I doubt anyone else would be as good at sinking those putts in Hole in One (Or Two).

Being the sensible girl I am, though, I reminded my mom that Art Fleming had been the host of Jeopardy for YEARS before Alex took over (I think I might be more obsessed with Jeopardy than TPiR). I really shouldn't know this, since Mr. Trebek started his hosting job September 10th, 1984. Less than 2 months after my birth. I really need to do something more productive with my brain. Still Jeopardy related - I haven't gotten the Final Jeopardy question wrong for THREE STRAIGHT WEEKS.

I'm a damned genius.

3 comments:

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

Hey Slice! Hope you are feeling better soon!

Being sick in the summertime is WAY not fun! And I'm sure the parents will be happy you didn't take it to work with you!

Can I bring over a loaf of fresh bread to make you feel better?

(except I'm taking a break from breadbaking.. it's just not working right now...)

Paul said...

Bring it on, hon; I'll take you on in Jeoparody [stet] anytime!

*sends Julia some more soothing herbal tea, cleans up the sputum*

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

OOOHHH!@@@

Cyg cleaned up your goo!! Blech!