Thursday, July 26, 2007

Regarding my "cop out"

Listening to: Weather Report - Palladium

Post #13 is a cop out. Apparently. I'm not supposed to feel anything other than contempt for our nation's politics, and unfortunately, all I can scrounge up is apathy.

I said it before, in some form: just because I don't agree with you doesn't make me wrong.

Why I'm a Libertarian:

I am a political grey-area-ist. I think that people deserve their own privacy, that victimless crimes need not waste the country's money, and that people should generally be responsible for themselves. I don't think it's the government's job to protect me from myself. That would be my job.

That said, I don't think anyone's ever completely in the wrong, politics-wise. Every way to face an issue represents some kind of positive grain. Someone, somewhere, believes that what they are doing is right. But that doesn't mean they are. It is a perception issue. I'm a liberal and I'm a conservative. It doesn't make me wrong, it makes me DIFFERENT.

So fuck you.

"cop out" my ass.

No comments: