Wednesday, April 30, 2008

So we've chatted...

Listening to: Steely Dan - Razor Boy

Steve and I have thought about an option for a couple years, vacation-wise, but never acted upon it, and after a chat yesterday, I think we have figured it out for sure...

Oregon. In the summer, specifically.

It is absolutely gorgeous. Mountains for hiking, trails for biking, abundant places for canoeing (Steve doesn't do white-water rafting, unfortunately) and lots of berries to be picked and consumed. The weather is pitch-perfect in the summer, and there are plenty of pretty trees to protect the pasty-couple's glow in the dark skin from the sun. It's also not horrifically expensive, so we could in theory go for something like 5 days and not be completely skint when we leave.

Planning will be a work in progress. But I think the location is settled upon.

On to the weight-loss front:

I chatted with Dr. Shrink today to figure out something about my weight (he monitors it when I come in for visits), and we pinpointed the exact moment where I gained something like 8-9 lbs: when I got off Welbutrin, last June. AHA! I knew it couldn't just be me! Granted, some of it probably IS me, but at least it's not entirely my fault.

To combat the late-night eating, I have purchased a favorite snack of mine - sugar free popsicles. 15 damn calories, and very little else. They're sweet, which I like, and contain nothing that will make me fat overnight. No more bedtime hamburgers for me!

My dad and I have stumbled across an exercise option that seems perfect for my interests, as well as the location where I live: ROWING. I am a fiend on the rowing machine (one of which is neither in my apartment's gym, Temple's gym, or the Philadelphia Sports Club - WTF?), and I need my body back in the shape it used to be, what with the cut arms and presence of a hard stomach. I can take lessons over at a boat club on the Schuykill, for which my dad has awesomely agreed to pay, because he knows I will enjoy it - so off to the phone I go to schedule a lesson.

4 comments:

Paul said...

That sounds like fun. I've been to Portland before, but didn't get out to Mt. Hood. We flew in along the Columbia River with a spectacular view of Hood and all the other mountains. Enjoy!

Tummy said...

Cool, I love Oregon. It's so beautiful. I tried to talk Rob into moving there one time just for the pine trees.

Rob went wind-surfing at Hood River last year in Oregon. It's suppose to be the Wind Surfing Capitol of the world. He loved it.

You're going to have so much fun.

Sounds like you're excited about rowing. Have fun. I still haven't found an "exciting" activity yet :)

Glowie said...

Oregon sounds beautiful. I might be road tripping to Wyoming soon. Friend of mine are moving out there and they asked if I would ride there with them if they flew me back.

Rowing sounds like a good idea for you. I hope you love it.

Buggy said...

Row row row your bod