Saturday, August 09, 2008

Eats!

Listening to: No Doubt - Hella Good

First things first:

Aced the final teachback. I am officially a Kaplan Premier Tutor! WOO!

Thing the second:

I made another awesome dinner tonight! YAY!

This morning, whilst in New York (I had to get some cavities drilled/filled yesterday ::OUCH::), Dad and I went to the farmer's market in Larchmont - a nearby environ of Rye. I figured I needed some nice things, so I bought a variety of squashes, fresh garlic, bruschetta (must buy ciabatta tomorrow) and some amazing looking local sea scallops. Gorgeous, and they smelled sweet even before I cooked them - a sign of a great scallop.

I hauled ass back to Philly this afternoon, with the scallops on ice, and once home, tucked them away in my fridge.

Since they were fresh, I decided that the scallops needed to be my dinner. I pan-fried them in a little butter, with some minced garlic - the fresh one I bought- and some lemon juice. Nicely browned on the exterior, and white on the interior. Juicy, not overcooked. Also threw some zucchini on the George Foreman - I have never cooked zuke successfully on the GF, but I drizzled on some olive oil and cracked on some sea salt, and somehow, it magically came out perfectly cooked.

The scallops were sweet and perfectly tender, and the zucchini was flavorful and just the right texture.

I love a good dinner. Especially when I cook it.

1 comment:

kim (weltek) said...

Congrats!!!!

Mmm, I love perfectly cooked scallops. They are so easy to over/under cook, so nice job!