Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Interesting Bit Character

Listening to: Evelyn "Champagne" King - Shame

Do you guys have a strange "bit character" in your life? Someone you see who you just KNOW should be in a book or movie or something?

I now have a doozy.

This needs some background: Not long ago, since we decided that our relationship had to have honesty in it, I told Steve he was out of shape. The downside to this honesty: he told me the same (I know you're reading this, sweetie ^__6)

I decided to seriously remedy this problem as soon as possible by swimming daily over at the neighboring apartment building (I'm allowed to use their pool because the building is run by the same management as mine). It was at this pool that I happened upon my character.

I wish I could say that I made this guy up.

Two days ago, I first ran into him. Or rather, nearly ran into him. As I came into the pool-room, there was this dude, swimming in the pool. Or floundering, or something. An old guy, out of my "attractive older guy" range by a couple decades. Splashing along like it ain't no thang, doing his version of the front crawl (feeble noodle-arms, no kick), diagonally across the pool. I doubt that the diagonal thing was intentional, but he saw me and made no attempt to scootch to one side of the pool. I'm standing at the edge, trying to get in so I can do my laps. This other guy, over by the hot tub notices my smirk and suggests that I swim in a tiny circle over in the corner of the pool.

Thankfully, as I got in, the old guy got out. And I was horrified.

Very good muscle tone, yes, especially for a man his age. But in a very, very, way-too-revealing bathing suit.

I present to you...

Grandpa Banana-Hammock.

The dude was wearing a speedo, but its elastic had worn out a little, it seems. The guy might as well have been naked, for all he was revealing. Apparently, well-equipped.

EWWWW...

1 comment:

Paul said...

My eyes! My eyes! (Oh, wait....I can't *really* see this guy.)

Not until recently had I heard the term "banana-hammock".

I'll come back with my bit character later, once I finish washing my eyes out.

With chrorine.