Sunday, August 31, 2008

Oh fer...

Listening to: Juggy D - Sohniye

I am back, peoples. And I am an idjit who barely used her camera, so I really don't have much to add, unfortunately, at least in the picture department.

That said: What an AWESOME vacation. The week with my family resulted in only a minimal amount of infighting, which was a pleasant surprise. A minor clash with dad, but otherwise, we all got along great, and everyone got to do their "thing" a whole lot. Dad read a million books and sat in the shade a lot, mom also read books and came in the pool a bunch with Charlotte and I, Char learned how to snorkel (from the master) and how to grill (from the master), and I got to sample beers, eat tons of seafood, see fishies in their element, and hey, I even managed a tan. With only a little burning! YAY!

Oh, bonus - I got to see a very, very rare bird - the Hawaiian Nene goose. I do, in fact have a picture, which I will post later (once I've uploaded the pic).

So, school starts this week. Oy gevalt. I'm worried. This is my last semester at Temple, and it has to be PERFECT. I want to graduate as close to a 4.0 as possible (it's around 3.8 now, which makes me way happy). Allegedly, work starts soon, too, but I'm irritated - Kaplan has been busy farting around with my payroll access, and as a result, I haven't been able to input my numerous hours, and I haven't gotten paid. I'm pissed, and I have no idea what they're doing in the office. I have been in constant email contact to fix the problem, though.

3 comments:

Paul said...

Wait a minute: I didn't teach Char to snorkel . . . oh, nevermind.

Glad you had such a great time, and good luck with school!

kim (weltek) said...

That super-sucks about payroll. I'd be furious.

Glad the vacation was wonderful and you can start school in a good mindset.

Puffy said...

My friend's husband is a judge. Since our state's budget hasn't been settled, he hasn't been paid since June.