Monday, August 25, 2008

Just gorgeous

Listening to: oceany noises

Hello hello!

Thought I should do the check-in thing as promised, plus post up a couple pictures (I forget my camera a lot, so there probably won't be tons throughout).

Anyway... after a hideously long travel day on Friday (leave the house at 3:45 am, arrive at condo in Kapalua at 6pm - or midnight, New York time), we've all gotten nicely settled into the rare variant of the L-family-vacation known as "lazing the hell around." Every day has been trip to beach/trip to pool/trip to beach (hell of good snorkeling here!), interspliced with eating and, in my case, sampling local beers. Even my usually go-go parents are taking it easy, although my dad's been digesting his book supply a little too quickly, as I anticipated.

The sealife collection, as spotted by Charlotte and I, has been pretty rad, to say the least. 4 varieties of butterfly-fish, sergeant majors, surgeon-fish, triggerfish (including the oddly ubiquitous humuhumunukunuku apu'aa), parrotfish, and swarms of goatfish. My eagle eye also helped me spot a little-bitty octopus, gripping onto coral for dear life.

At any rate...

This is the view from the condo - you can see Molokai off in the distance to the right.


And this is how the palm tree in the middle looks around sunset.



And of course, as evidence of my presence, here I am enjoying my book about drinks - kindly disregard the ghost-thigh.



Will post more later - stay tuned :)

2 comments:

kim (weltek) said...

I'm BLIND! *shields eyes from white legs* :-)

Sounds like a fabulous time lounging. I feel like Hawaii is one of those places where you should settle in, take your time and just absorb it all.

Paul said...

Didn't you know fair skin is in these days? Just don't make the mistake that we did of not putting sunblock on the backs of our legs before snorkeling!

Our condo was just south of Kapalua, and we went to Mass at a church on the resort. Also, we got my dad a Kapalua golf shirt, which he wears regularly when we hit the links.