Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Jersey Girl.

Listening to: America - Sister Golden Hair


I find this jersey completely horrifying, and I do not want to see it on any of my beloved Metropolitans.

THAT is what the National League will be wearing at the All-Game at ::shudder:: Yankee Stadium this summer. In spite of our Shiny New CitiField, which will be ready for play next year, we get to wait until 2011 (I believe that's right... or 2012) to host something that I have always wanted to attend.

Yes, YES, I know the game just isn't fun anymore, since Selig sucked the joy out of the event by making it count. Bud Selig, you are an ass-hat of the highest degree. I just wanted you to know that. But still, the whole pomp and ridiculousness of it is pretty damn fun, especially when your favorite players are doing amazing crap. I refer to David Wright in '06, with that impressive display in the home run derby.

And the Yankees are punishing us by making us wear those.

I hope the Mets unload some seriously gnarly colors on the American League in '11 (or is it '12?) - maybe some kind of glowing orange monstrosity (kinda like those punishment-bad yellow jerseys the NL wore in 2006) with royal blue/white letters, while the NL gets away with black with standard orange/blue/white logos.

Fie! Fie on the Yankees! And fie on the stupid crappy American League! DAMMIT WE WILL OWN YOU WE SWEAR.

But I'd probably want the stupid American League to beat the Phillies. That's the only exemption.

If they ended up facing the Yankees, my head would explode.

3 comments:

Paul said...

What, you're not looking forward to that Cubs-Rays World Series this fall?

Tummy said...

Slice, I'm so not a soccer fan so I have no response to your post



*evil grin - yes I know it's not soccer, it's RUGBY you speak of

Julia said...

Ehhh...

shaddup :P

::rassinfrackin'Eurosports::

Maybe I'll take up Cricket - go New Zealand!