Monday, June 23, 2008

A Victory for Hair.

Listening to: Weather Report - Palladium

I got a new haircut this weekend!

Well, to be fair, it was a haircut I've had in my past. Although the last time I wore my hair this short was 6 years ago. I knew I needed a trim at the very least, so on Saturday, I headed over to the Not-Repulsively-Expensive-but-not-Dirt Cheap chain salon and got a smacktabulous haircut.


Frakkin' love it. It's all nice and flattering, and although I am of course incapable of making it look anything close to as good as when it was initially styled, I am very, very happy with how it looks. Of course, the caveat then becomes the fact that I need to get it maintained every six weeks or so. What am I, Baron Von Wealth? ::sigh:: oh well. Time to cut out some unnecessary spending again.

Plus, I went to the Gap and bought very flattering Grown-Up Pants®, that is to say, nice looking khakis. They fit PERFECTLY. I'm amazed and delighted enough to be a size 6 again, but I am even more thrilled than the "ankle" cut is actually the exact right length. It is such a pain in the ass to buy pants when you've got wee stumpy legs.

I made the shrimp scampi thing again last night. I have truly stumbled upon a delicious, delicious treasure. Man, I love shopping at Trader Joes. I did it again yesterday (which was, in retrospect, a mistake; there is room in their parking lot for approximately 10 cars - okay, hyperbole - and there are many many more cars in the city of Philadelphia), picking up even more shrimp and lemon juice for scrumptious eating. I kind of wish I had bought some snack food, but I'm happy with the pseudo-Tofutti-Cuties.

3 comments:

Paul said...

Nice haircut! LC just had her locks chopped rather nicely also.

And isn't it a law that every Trader Joe's must have a severe dearth of parking? It's that way down here for sure.

Anonymous said...

I like it a lot. Shorter hair can be so easy. Also, it makes you look older.

Buggy said...

So fricken CUTE!!!
It suits you, I love it!