Thursday, July 03, 2008

Procrastination 'R' Us, plus Benny F.

Listening to: Pete Yorn - Life on a Chain

Sooo... I have this research paper due for my education class. Due on Saturday, to be precise. I have had a very fleshed-out outline for this thing for about a week or so. Guess how much of the paper is written.

For anyone who said anything other than "0%", get off my blog. You don't know me. Creep.

So of course, the plan is to maybe tip-tap out about 50-75% of it tomorrow, and leave the rest for Saturday morning. It's not like I have any plans between now and then anyway. My 4th is going to be stupendously dull - I don't even have sparklers, and I have no people to go watch the fireworks with. I may just hoist my little foldy recliner over to the parkway for the fireworks and then stroll on home, but there are appx. 1 million people who may or may not be doing something similar. At least I don't have to drive. Or even walk very far, come to think of it. Hooray for awesome location.

The thing that bugs me about this year's 4th of July AMERICA SPECTACULAR PHILADELPHIA!!!! is that there is no Hall and Oates performance like there was last year. Even in the driving rain, one of my favorite New-Wave-Soul groups put on an incredible show (I watched on tv, not in the rain), complete with a sax player that was the spitting image of Ben Franklin. Steve and I both found this to be a hoot. Considering that Ben Franklin is on anything and everything in this city... I live near the Franklin Town apartments, the Franklintown park, near the "Big Ben on the Parkway" statue... yeesh. The man gets around.

2 comments:

Paul said...

First prize: A week in Philadelphia.

Second prize: Two weeks in Philadelphia.

(an oldie, but a goodie)

I remember sitting up all night typing my European History term paper on my 1947 Remington typewriter. Should have saved the dang thing for Antiques Roadshow.

Paul said...

^ the typewriter, not the paper! :-D